Monday, February 15, 2016

Website Review: Etsy

     A month or two ago I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and sadly advertisements have now made it to social media. For once though I actually liked what was being advertised because they were phone cases and I was in need of a new one. After clicking on the ad, I discovered that the website didn't just specialize in phone cases. Etsy has many things on it's website, it has clothes, jewelry, wedding stuff, vintage, and home décor. There are so many things and after I had bought my new phone case from them, I decided to have a look through the clothes they have.
the phone case I bought

     I soon discovered that they have items from countries all over the world. I could scroll through clothes from Romania, Spain, Chile, London, Hong Kong, etc. Since I love things all British, I looked through the items from London and they have one specific design that was Harry Potter inspired. It was a crew neck/ jumper and it has the classic Harry Potter glasses and the famous lightning bolt scar. To make it even better, they had multiple colors you could get it in and it had my favorite, maroon. Very pleased with that bonus.

     Something else that made me very happy with the website was that it told you the exact location of were your item would be made and how many they have in stock. For example, when I was looking for phone cases, they would have the number of each case that was ready to be shipped so for my sunflower design case, it had like a little over thirty ready to go. I thought that was kind of cool because you got to see which one is more popular compared to others. Also when I bought the jumper, it said that it was being made in Liverpool, England.

     With Etsy, they make and carry things that you have always wanted but it was the kind of thing that everyone had so you wanted to make it kind of unique. I can tell you, the things I find on Etsy are things that I have not seen anyone with, and it is a good thing. Everything they make is very unique and very modern looking. I am not going to lie, one Sunday afternoon I spent two hours just looking through their website because they are so many categories and different things.

      I can honestly say that this website works for everyone's style. If you are more of a vintage person and like to wear old school clothes, they have a place for that. If you are a more modern sleek style, they have the perfect accessories and clothes for that. You may be more into the relaxed look of sweaters and sweatshirts, they have the most unique sweatshirts ever. They make wearing sweatshirts comfortable and fun. I recommend this website to everyone, it doesn't matter if you want home décor or music instruments, they have everything. Definitely give this website a go, but I recommend giving yourself a good or hour or two to do so because there is a ton of stuff to look at.  

**pictures provided by Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment