Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Happy Thoughts

     As you grow up, you are starting to learn new things about yourself, other people, the world, and just everything in general. As you learn these new facts or things, it may start to change your mind a bit, and not for the best sometimes. The most important thing is to stay positive, no matter what you see in the media or what you hear around the community. Always find the positive things in life, and sometimes it seems hard because you may be going through a tough time but I believe that if you try hard enough, you can find the positive things in life. If you can't find the positive side, I will show you some ways how.

current background photo
     As technology has grown, it has become easier and cheaper to get our hands on smart phones and if you have a smart phone, this tip will be very easy and very effective. On your phone you either
have one background or two, depends on the type, but either way you have a background. I usually put something up on my background that will make me smile, so right now I have a pit-bull with flowers drawn on the dogs' head. If you feel like you are stuck in a situation that makes you uncomfortable or nervous, you can easily pull your phone out and look at the image, and for me personally, that always helps.

     Another way to find a happy thought is to come up with a saying that you want to try to live by or just to always have in troubling times to think about. My saying that I go to often is, "Do what makes you happy." That saying helps me when I am at my part time job, and it gives me motivation to try hard in school so I can get a job that I actually enjoy, and so I am not stuck at the job I am currently at. I also think about this thought when I am feeling upset with life, because it shows me that if I just stick with the saying, I could live a happy life someday if I just follow those words and my life won't always be depressing.

     The next way to create happy thoughts or positivity is one that I have been struggling with. It is so simple, but the reason it is so hard for me is because I have always thought negative thoughts toward myself so easily. Whenever you start to think bad thoughts about your body weight or if you aren't getting the grades you want, immediately start to think about your achievements you have accomplished in the past with what is making you feel bad at the moment. For example, if you are not getting the best grades in school, and you start to think "oh I am too dumb", or "I can't do this", you need to change those thoughts to "look at what I did last year with my amazing grades, I can definitely do it again." Change your thoughts to motivating thoughts and encouraging, rather than I can't do this.


     Those were only a couple of ways to make sure you keep happy and positive thoughts in your head, but there are so many more. I believe that if you try to think of something positive everyday, and start to eliminate the negatives, you could make your life more enjoyable and more successful. It is already hard enough with other people telling you, you can't achieve this, why make yourself against you as well?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment