Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Product Review: Burts Bee's Chapstick

     Every year when winter rolls around, everything starts to become more dry and chapped when it comes to the face area. I typically have oily skin but in the winter time that all changes to dry, especially my lips so one of the easiest and nice smelling way's to ease up the dryness is with chap stick. I love chap stick all year round but when it comes to winter time, it changes from a want to a need, I think that is how it is for everyone else. You can get all sorts of chap sticks, but if you really want the dryness and chapped lips to go away, you are going to need a good long lasting chap stick. I have always stuck to one brand, and that is the brand Chapstick, it has proven to work in the past, but I was getting tired of it and I wanted to try something new and with new scents.

     The other day I was ordering a watch, and to get free shipping I needed five more dollars so I was just scrolling through Target's website and came across a four pack of Burt's Bees lip balm. In the four pack are mango, coconut & pear, pomegranate, and pink grapefruit. Those flavors caught my eye instantly and the packaging looked really nice because it had the color of each flavor on the cap. For example, the pink grapefruit has a pink cap, it is the little details that really sells a person. The packaging and flavors were a definite thumbs up.


     Something else that you want to look for in a good chap stick is if it contains a good amount of moisture. All chap stick have moisture, but the better ones have more. It helps the dryness and takes away the chap from your lips. On the packaging of the lip balm, it says moisturizing lip balm and let me tell you, it has the right amount of moisture. Right after you apply the balm to your lips, you can instantly feel the difference and you can feel it helping your lips out. It did not let me down with the moisture.

     A weird or maybe common thing that I look for is not only if it smells good but also if it tastes good. Hopefully I am not the only one who loves to try the lip balm. With Burt's Bees, the smell is point on, the coconut & pear, and pink grapefruit have the most spot on perfect smell. When it comes to taste though, they are pretty bland, so if you are one of those people who like to lick the lip balm, this one is not good. Other than that I think the smell covers for the bland taste.

     Overall I was very impressed with Burt's Bees chap stick. The winter season is almost over but that does not mean stop using lip balms. Don't leave your lips behind when it comes to care, they are very important and the worst feeling is defiantly cracked lips. You can typically find Burt's Bees chap stick in local stores or drug stores, but for the more unique chap stick flavors look online. So, if you are need of new chap stick or just want to spice things up, defiantly give Burt's Bees a try.

**images provided by Google

No comments:

Post a Comment