Saturday, March 26, 2016

Spring Break in Florida

     Recently I just had my spring break, and if you don't know what spring break is, it is where there is one week off of school. It is basically so you can recharge and power through to June when school ends. I always think of spring break as the final stretch of the school year because it is our last major break and that is when I generally start to take studying more seriously for my upcoming AP exams. Spring break you can do whatever you want, you can stay at home all week and hang out with friends or you could go on road trips with family or friends, or just anything you want to do.

     For spring break I went to Florida with my family because basically my moms entire side of the family lives down there. We drove down there and that is usually a 21 hour drive. My family drives every time we go to Florida because we have family that lives in the states we travel through, and also it is pretty expensive to fly four people down there twice a year.

     Every year my family goes down to Florida for spring break and it is usually a jam packed week. We always try to make it to a Yankee's spring training game at George M. Steinbrenner field in Tampa. Then we like to spend at least a day with my sister Rachel who lives in Jacksonville with her three kids and husband. Then we go to my grandpa's house in Kissimmee for the rest of the week. We used to go to Sea World and Busch Gardens but we got a little tired of it so we changed it to go to Caladesi Island in Tampa for a day to relax and walk around the beach. My parents like to dedicate a day to go to the Arnold Palmer golf tournament also while my sister Shelby and I, go shopping and explore. It is a pretty fun trip to do every year, and it is always nice to see my family down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment