Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Beauty of the Internet

     Back when my parents were kid's they did not have the internet, they barely had television. Now we have touch screen computers, touch screen phones, touch screen T.V's, even touch screen watches! The internet has developed so much over a short period of time, I am watching this show called Gilmore Girls currently on Netflix and it is based in the early 2000's. The internet was just starting to develop around 2003-2004, I believe. Just to think in a span of 10 years, we can look up anything thing we want and the information is right at our hands.
Early 2000's computer

     Some people might believe that the internet is taking over this generation, but it's really not. The internet gives you different perspectives on many things. For example, on twitter I follow a range of people, including Youtuber's, music artists, and my friends. You can find out what those people are currently thinking at the moment and see what they are thinking about on current trends. 

     You can also get perspective on other peoples lives, in a not so creepy way. I watch Youtube when I'm not busy, and I watch people from all over the world. I watch people from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and even Sweden sometimes. By watching how these people go through their daily lives, it gives me inspiration to try more things, and experience life more.

     Also back then people could not get information out that quick, most of the time it came through the newspaper, which is still a very good source. Now that we have the internet, people can be easily informed on current global things. For example, if there was an earthquake in China, you would know about it instantly, and people would be able to start fundraisers to sign up and donate online quickly and give help. 

     To some people, the internet is a bad thing, but I believe they think that way because they view the internet the wrong way. Those people probably think that other people use the internet to be lazy, or bully online, or just are too antisocial to not interact with other people, but they are wrong. The internet is there so people can be more informed, but not just about news, it is there to also help people learn about the daily obstacles you will go through in life. For example, I learned about anxiety from one of my British Youtubes that I watch. This person helped me truly understand what anxiety is and how to get through it. The internet can really help save people, and that is what I think is the beauty of the internet. 

1 comment:

  1. This post offers good points to why the internet is beneficial in a way that I never thought of before. I agree with what you said and I think that with the internet you can also easily access information or synthesis it which can be good when you have a lot to look up or learn.

    ReplyDelete