Friday, September 18, 2015

Road Trip

My sister after the drive to Florida
     When your parents tell you are going on a road trip, what is the first thing that comes to mind? When I was younger, I automatically thought, this trip is going to be boring, I won't have anything to do. Well now that I have grown older I have found out the beauty of road trips. You can find many things to do inside and outside of your car, you just have to be a little creative.

     Something on the more creative side could be making up a game with the people in your car, it could be I Spy, or yelling out crazy billboards signs, etc. My favorite is where you start at the beginning of the alphabet and when you see a random sign or billboard on the road and it starts with an 'a', you shout that word out and move on to the next letter. The object of the game is to get to the end of the alphabet the fastest. I usually play this game with my sister and it usually takes a good half an hour because we always get stuck on finding words with Q, Z or V, so if you want to use up a chunk of time, that is a very entertaining game to play.

     Other times when my family and I drive to Florida and it is a lengthy car drive, I bring stuff to do with me. The things I bring are, a lot of books, movies, and headphones. I am a book junkie, so usually before every road trip I buy/ bring two new books to read on the trip, and that usually takes up a lot of the time. Also I always look forward to road trips because I am excited to start my new books, so basically find something to do that will make you look forward to the trip instead of just dreading the trip.

     This idea does not involve games or stuff to bring with you to keep you busy, this idea is just looking outside your window and enjoying the scenery around you. When going on a road trip you are usually traveling out of state or to somewhere other than your home town. By just looking out your window and seeing the different sceneries, you can discover many things. For example, when my family and I drive to Florida, we pass through Tennessee and in Tennessee we drive through the Smoky Mountains. In the Smoky Mountains are these gray skinny trees everywhere and surrounding the trees is a gray eerie fog. It was something completely new to me that I had never seen before, I was awestruck at it. Just by looking out your window you can see many things that not a lot of people get see, and you get to keep that picture in your mind forever.

    Road trips can be exciting if you choose what you do well and keep an open mind. Always remember to be creative in what you do inside and outside the car, and find something to look forward to, to do in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment