Sunday, September 27, 2015

Do's and Don'ts of Concert Going

Ellie and I at a One Direction Concert
     Now I have gone to many concerts in my lifetime, my first one being an American Idol concert which was probably 9 years ago. Most concerts I go to are usually in an arena or stadium, I don't go to state fair concerts or small one's very often. I usually go to concerts at least 3 times a year so I have learned  many things about what you should do at a concert and what you should not do. If you are new to concerts and what you should do to make it an amazing experience, I can help you out.

     When going to a concert always bring a small over the shoulder purse, never bring a tote bag, backpack or any large purses because I can guarantee you that the security will not let that in. In your small bag you should bring a portable charger, because let's face it, you want to take as many pictures and videos as possibly and you do not need a dying phone to stop you from that. Next bring sunglasses because if you are at an outdoor concert, the sunset will most likely be in your face blinding you.

     Another thing to bring in your bag is a lot of money because once you see the merchandise section you will probably want to buy everything. Also when going to a concert at an arena or stadium, the prices for food and drinks will be ridiculous, I'm talking $4.50 for ONE bottle of water, and they will not let you bring outside food or drinks inside, trust me I've tried.

Autograph from Lorde!
     One more do that you should try at least a couple times in your life, is go to a general seating concert. Basically your seat depends on how early you arrive to the venue and get in line. This is the easiest way to get front at a concert, but it does take a long time. Basically when I went to my first general seats concert, I waited 10 hours in line to see Lorde. It was so worth it because I was the third person in line and since I arrived so early, Lorde's mother came out and gave us all signed autographs from Lorde, I also got front row. Basically try to arrive as early as possible because you never know what could happen.

     Some things you should not do at a concert is bring a huge sign. It is fine to bring a sign if you are in the floor section, but if you are not on the floor section and are on the lower or upper deck DO NOT bring a huge sign. The performer(s) will not see it from all the way back there, the only thing you will accomplish is annoying the people behind you.

     Do not be one of those people who screams the entire time, yes you can scream when they come out or when they tell the crowd to scream. When the performer(s) is singing a beautiful song, you don't want someone screaming in your ear ruining it or if you are recording hear someone screaming during the song in your video. I have done my fair share of screaming at concerts but it gets to point where all of your videos is just of you screaming, which I mean is fine if you don't want to hear your favorite artist's voice.

5SOS concert 
     One last thing that you should not do is push the person next to you to try and get a better view. When you get to the seat that you have paid for, stay in that little area. Do not ruin someone else's concert time just so you can see better, and do not stand on top of your chair, yes that has happened to me before and it sucks being behind that person. There are big screens for a reason, since I am very short I always resort to watching the jumbo screens on the side. As long as you can see and hear the person you came to see, everything is okay.

     Now going to a concert is always the best experience, and you can make it even better for you and the other people around you if you follow these do's and don'ts. Don't forget to always bring a small bag, and a lot money with you, always save up for a concert. It's not the end of the world if you don't buy any merchandise, but it is always an easy way to help you remember the amazing time you had at that concert. Now go to as many concerts as you can and always have the best time as possible when you are there.

1 comment:

  1. I loved how you had a variety of things for both sides. Just by reading your post, it makes it easy to understand that you're a concert expert and that you truly know what you're talking about when it comes to concerts. It brought out your compassion for concert by using some great word choice! By the way, I really love the picture of us too at the concert!

    ReplyDelete