Monday, September 21, 2015

Fall Decoration Tips

     Now that fall is almost here, I have gone out to Michaels Craft store and bought all the items I will need for decorating my room this year. Two years ago I went out to buy decoration for each season, but I did not buy them during that season, I bought them after the season was over. For example, for Christmas I went to Michaels and saw all of the prices for seasonal decoration and they were beyond over priced, so I came up with the idea of going out to buy them after Christmas was over so that way the prices were dropped and there were tons of sales.

     This year I am very eager for fall, so I decided instead of going after Halloween/ fall was over, I
should go before Halloween/ fall is here. I was in luck, yesterday when I walked into Michaels, there were 50% off signs all over the fall decoration, so I grabbed my cart and rushed over the decoration area. I started off with the fake flowers, I decided to get one clump which is about 6 flowers connected to one huge stem, of each different type of flower they had. I ended up getting 6 bunches of flowers.

     Now I needed something to put them in so instead of just tossing the flowers into a vase, I found 3 round baskets in the color chocolate brown and an ashy blonde. I also found 3 different ribbon patterns with little pumpkins on one, and on another ribbon were little leaves and then the third ribbon was an orange pumpkin color string. What I did with the ribbon was, I wrapped it around the top edge of the basket and the bottom of the basket giving it that kind of homemade feel and a little fun onto the baskets. I then put two bunches of flowers in each basket, creating that very fall look feeling in my room.
Leaf garlands hanging from my ceiling

     The next item's I bought were two about 6 ft. long leaf garlands. I wanted to hang the leaves from my ceiling but I did not want a huge piece of garland hanging there, so what I did was cut the garland into three pieces, making the garland much shorter and better looking to hang from my ceiling. I then hung all the strands of garland creating that feeling that you are under a tree.

     I bought many more items but the ones I told you about were more of a creative way of decorating that I wanted to share. If you are like me and love every season of the year and want to portray that in your room, use the money saving ideas I gave you. Always go seasonal shopping before or after the season to get the best deals, and always look at the stores website to see if there are any coupons on there as well. You can easily have the best looking room in a very creative and affordable way.

2 comments: