Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Treats

     One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the baked goods. Every year my mom and I bake different Christmas treats ranging from sugar cookies, peanut butter balls, peanut clusters, shortbread, etc. Also when it is Christmas time, you have the perfect excuse to make everything peppermint. You can have things ranging from peppermint coffee to peppermint toothpaste.

    
     If you have really nice relatives, there are these big round tins that you can send to anyone that is full of Christmas treats. For example, I got one from my grandpa a couple years ago and inside was a bag of popcorn with peppermint flavor chocolate drizzled on top, candy cane cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, etc. Those tins usually last me the whole of Christmas.

     Not only are Christmas treats very delicious but it is also a fun time baking them. You can dedicate a whole day to baking and it makes your whole house smell amazing. Also when you are baking you can eat the scrapes and batter (that is my favorite part). I also feel like when it comes to the month of December, you can eat a ton of candy and pastries whenever without being looked weirdly at because, hey it's Christmas and you can take advantage of the peppermint flavored treats.


   My personal favorite Christmas treats are always the chocolate ones, like peanut butter balls covered in chocolate, sugar cookies top with chocolate and candy canes, pretzels covered in white chocolate and dark chocolate. Christmas time is definitely the time to show off your baking skills, especially when it comes to making gingerbread houses.

**images provided by Google

No comments:

Post a Comment