Monday, November 16, 2015

Thanksgiving

     Thanksgiving falls on the same day every year, it is on November 25th and it is the holiday where you look back on everything you are thankful for and then eat lots of good food. Traditionally the main dish is turkey, and turkey is also what comes to mind when someone says Thanksgiving. Not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving or as hard core like America, I feel like America tends to go more out on Thanksgiving, because I know some countries are already geared up for Christmas to be here. Something else that may be exciting is watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on T.V or actually going to New York and watching it live there, that's always something fun to do.

     The main food that is typically set out for Thanksgiving are, turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, there is more that I probably left out but those are the main foods you see on people's tables. The different foods my family like to put out are deviled eggs, yam's or sweet potatoes, roasted chicken, green bean casserole, etc. I have also heard that for the people who are vegetarian, they might eat tofu instead or just skip out on the meat parts, thankfully there is more food other then meat placed out.

My niece Alayna and I in
Florida
     Something else that I tend to look forward to are the desserts. The typical dessert you would see is pumpkin pie. Some desserts that are
popular in my family are a pumpkin praline cake, pumpkin bars, key lime pie, apple pie, chocolate pie, my aunt is amazing at baking so she makes those desserts every year. If you want to eat a lot of pie, my tip is to clean up from the dinner part, play some games with family and then eat dessert, it takes patience but it is all worth it once you get to shove all the pie you want in your mouth.

     Thanksgiving is not all about the food, it is also about giving thanks to all of the people that have helped you during life and be thankful for the opportunities you have been able to do over the year. Also being surrounded by family is definitely my favorite part of Thanksgiving because half of my family lives in Florida so this is really the only time I see them. Another thing is that Black Friday is also the same week of Thanksgiving, so be saving up your money to spend loads and drink lots of coffee to stay awake!

**first image is provided by Google

No comments:

Post a Comment