Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Candles

     The first thought that comes to mind when someone says candle is calm. After close to three year's
of high school, my anxiety has grown worse for many reasons, so I have to always have something around me or be able to think of something that will calm me instantly. Usually I'll just think of candles. I'll think of their scent and being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket while reading a book. You may be thinking that, that does not sound calming but trust me, it is the most relaxing and easiest way to just chill and calm all of the nerves you have.

     I tend to have about four or five candles in my room and their scents all depend on the season. For example, I actually have a candle burning right now and it is the scent 'leaves'. Most of the candles I have right now are fall and christmas related so basically pumpkin pie, leaves, kitchen spice, and a pinecone scented candle. My favorite places to get candles are at Yankee Candle and Bath and Body Works. Yankee Candle tends to have a more subtle smell and Bath and Body works has more of a stronger smell, I like both but if you don't like such a strong smell, I would avoid Bath and Body works, but Yankee Candle is a pretty pricey place.

    The time I usually burn a candle is when I am doing homework or when I have had a stressful day and want to relax. Lighting candles when doing homework is a really good idea because for me, homework can be stressful at times and so just by knowing and smelling that there is a candle in the room makes me more relaxed and actually think through what I am doing. May sound like it doesn't  work but you should try, you'll be surprised.

     The one thing that makes me smile the most is when I walk into a room and it smells like a candle was burning or currently is.  Usually after you have been burning a candle for awhile, the scent tends to linger and not in a bad way, a good way. Candles  for some reason, instantly brighten my day and after having a crappy day, that is definitely the easiest way to cheer up.

     Something else that candles do is they take away a migraine. Yes you do have to take some medication but if you lay in a dark room with little candles littered around you all burning, it gives off  the sense that nothing wrong can happen to you and whatever is causing your migraine will go away since your mind is shut off and relaxed.

     I know I have been repeating myself by using the words calm and relaxed but I really want to get my point across that candles are not just decoration or to give a room a nice scent. Candles are there to calm any situation that is on your mind, or just to make you smile and that one thing in life is right. Also it is getting close to winter time and the weather outside starts to very gray and depressing so if you look on the bright side, lighting a candle makes everything around you glow and it gives a sense of warmth and comfort even though the outside is depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment